Is the Fountain of Youth in Your Bones ?
Many of my patients ask me for advice about skin care products or in-office procedures. But I also tell them that it’s just as important to make the right lifestyle changes. For example, did you know that you can maintain a more youthful complexion by sleeping well and taking care of your bones? Here’s why:
- Keep your bones and teeth strong. Aside from slowing or preventing osteoporosis and fractures, strong bones can help you maintain your youthful looks.
- What’s the connection ? Over time, our faces become more angular because they lose volume and their youthful contours. Part of this volume loss is due to loss of facial fat and muscle. However, studies using CT scans have shown that our facial bones also get thinner over time. And the less bone there is to support our skin, the more it sinks and sags, contributing to heavy eyelids, falling cheeks, and jowls.
- On the other hand, strong facial bones can help keep you looking healthy and youthful. That’s why I encourage my patients to have their bone density, calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium levels checked.
- It’s also important to keep your teeth healthy; if your teeth and gums are weak, you will lose bone in that area. This may be the reason there are more wrinkles on one cheek compared to the other, or there are wrinkles above the upper lip.
- Get your beauty sleep. As we get older, we sleep less, and our bones get thinner. Perhaps these two findings are related.
- A study in the British Medical Journal showed that those who are sleep-deprived not only look more tired; they also look less healthy and less attractive. On the other hand, those who sleep well tend to have fewer wrinkles and fine lines, their skin is better hydrated, and they recover more quickly from sunburn and other skin injuries.
- In addition, the hormone melatonin is released during sleep, and recent research shows that melatonin is important for bone health.
Find the Best Spa Salon,Skincare Clinics and Products only on :- Skinsecrets.in