View The Best List of Medical Treatment for Eczema.
Atopic dermatitis, which is also called eczema, is a chronic skin disease characterized by itchiness. The possible causes of it are dry skin and other health problems that affect the immune system. Patients who have this skin problem may get the relief they need by using any of the following medicines:
- nonprescription corticosteroid creams are recommended to treat skin diseases like eczema. So, to get relief from the symptoms you feel, you may prefer using topical applications like these creams. If they are not available, you should consult your doctor and get a prescription for alternative creams for eczema.
- Oral medicines for allergies like diphenhydramine are used to alleviate itching and irritation caused by eczema. Since these medicines can trigger drowsiness, doctor will advise you to take this medicine during night time.
- If topical ointments and creams fail to ease the symptoms, your doctor may recommend you to take oral corticosteroids for a while to control the irritation of your skin. These medicines must not be used for longer since they have side effects like cataracts, hypertension and decreased immunity to infection.
- There are a few medicines that are known to be immunodulators like tacrolimus as well as pimecrolimus that can affect the immune system and enhance the texture of your skin. On the other hand, concerns arise pertaining to these medicines as when they are used for a long term.
- For other patients, photo therapy and exposure to UVA and UVB lights could help them in getting rid with eczema. However, this treatment is used as recommended by a physician due to risk for skin damage once it is used for weeks.
Any of these medicines is proving useful and effective in relieving the signs and symptoms of atopic dermatitis. If you experience worse symptoms, you should not hesitate to consult your doctor and seek medical assistance right away.
Scan QR Code and Download The Skin Secrets.in App and Also Get The Best Discount To Each Spa and Salon Across The Ahmedabad.