How to Find and Use the Best Skin Care Facial Products
Don’t be distracted by elaborate advertising and packaging. This article discusses what to look for in the ingredients, and the proper regimen to follow to really have more beautiful skin that is smoother, more radiant, and more youthful looking.
Use exfoliation. Exfoliation is one of the mainstays of improving your skin’s youthfulness by using the human body’s own amazing healing power. The two primary products for exfoliating are micro dermabrasion creams and glycolic acid cleansers.
- Both serve to remove the outer layer of dull, dead skin cells in your skin. This process has a two fold benefit : not only is younger, fresher skin revealed, but the exfoliation process also stimulates the production of new skin cells.
- People with dry skin will want to use the microdermabrasion cream.
- Those with oily or combination skin do best using glycolic acid.
- One of several Alpha Hydroxide Acids available, glycolic acid is the most effective due to its small molecule size, which allows it to penetrate into the skin. When you purchase your glycolic acid, be sure to buy one with a concentration no greater than 10% anything stronger should be administered by a licensed esthetician or dermatologist. However, a 10% solution can safely be used at home on a daily basis.
- As for your microdermabrasion cream, you should buy one with the same mineral crystals used by the professionals this would be aluminum oxide. Because of the abrasive nature of the microdermabrasion cream, be sure you purchase one that also contains soothing oils such as Jojoba or Shea Butter. Note that after any exfoliation procedure, it is important to use a good quality sunblock or avoid sun exposure for up to a week afterwards.
The second pillar of a proper skin care regimen is to rejuvenate the collagen in your skin that has naturally diminished with age. There are no magic pills or topical creams that can replace your skin’s collagen.
- Fortunately, there is a clever way to accelerate your body’s production of this important skin component: Pep- tides.
- When collagen breaks down, certain peptides are released. These signals your skin that it has been damaged and needs to manufacture new collagen.
- The direct application of peptides to your skin will make it think it has recently lost collagen and has to make more.
- The most frequently used “signal” peptide for skin care in this function is palmitoyl pentapeptide (Matrixyl). Regular use of peptides can turn back the clock of time by many years. No adverse side effects have ever been reported with the use of peptides.
Finally, you need to moisturize with a high quality product. While this is the last place you want to use “bargain” products, as stated earlier, be sure you are not paying for fancy packaging and heavy advertising budgets and above all, read the label carefully.
- The ingredients are listed in order of concentration, so if the active ingredient is way down the list, the product only contains a token amount.
- Without question, the most effective skin hydrating ingredient you can find is Hyaluronic Acid. This amazing compound holds 1,000 times its weight in moisture. Hyaluronic Acid is often touted for its ability to “reverse” or stop aging and has been called the “key to the fountain of youth.”
- This is because the substance occurs naturally (and quite abundantly) in humans and animals, and is found in young skin, neonatal tissues, and joint fluid. HA is a component of the body’s connective tissues, and is known to cushion and lubricate.
- As you age, however, the forces of nature destroy this vital skin substance and it needs to be replenished.
Stick with the regimen. Once you have your arsenal of skin care products on hand, following a careful regimen will give you, the younger looking, radiant, smooth skin you desire. Here is the process you need to use. Follow it faithfully and you will see amazing results within a few weeks.
- Morning :- wash your face with a quality skin cleanser, apply a moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid, then a UVA/UVB sunblock and finally, your makeup.
- Evening :- depending on your skin type, exfoliate daily with 10% glycolic acid or 2-3 times a week with Microdermabrasion cream. Rinse well with clear water, then apply a multi-peptide cream before bedtime.
Allergies to Skin Care Products
- Sometimes when you use a new kind of soap or other skin product, your skin may get irritated or you may get an allergic reaction. If you get a rash or if your skin feels itchy, hot, dry, or like it’s burning, tell an adult. Stop using the product and don’t forget that it caused a reaction. You don’t want to use it again or buy a product with the same active ingredient.
- To test a new product, place a tiny bit of it on the inside of your wrist or arm. Watch for any redness or irritation over the next 24 hours. If your skin becomes red or irritated, don’t use the product. Sometimes, your skin is fine with a new product the first time, or a few times, you use it, but then your skin gets red or irritated later on. You’ll want to stop using the product whenever redness or irritation occurs.
You should be using a moisturizer based on your skin type.
One of the first mistakes people make when using products on their skin is using a product that doesn’t necessarily fit their skin type.
Those suffering from dry skin problems are prone to having slightly allergic skin, and such people shouldn’t use conventional moisturizers because of the harm chemicals can have on the fragile surface.
Oily :- “Look for lotions instead of creams” Find formulas that have exfoliating ingredients, such as lactic glycolic and salicylic acids.
Dry :- Definitely find a cream, especially in the winter weather. “There is more oil in a cream, therefore it is a thicker substance and more moisturizing. The greater the oil content, the better absorption through the skin barriers to hydrate the tissue,”
Combination :- this is the hardest skin type to find products for, he recommends “lotions with no acids, something bland such as Cetaphil, Cerave, Aveeno, Neutrogena, or Lubriderm.”
Normal :- The Normal skin to put a very thin layer of ointment on at night.
without exfoliants are helpful,” while “a cold humidifier in your bedroom at night can help your skin retain the moisture.”
What about SPF ?
There are two types of damaging sun rays: UVA, which are responsible for aging the skin; and UVB, which are responsible for burning it the SPF number on a bottle of sunscreen only gives a guide for how much UVB protection the product offers. The only way you’ll really know if your sunscreen combats UVA rays is if it states so on the bottle.
When testing a new moisturizer ?
- We all have those moments when we buy some new skincare facial product and want to rub it all over our bodies. However, that could lead to unwanted breakouts and some horror-inducing rashes One more important thing to consider is how the moisturizers are marketed.
- Even if a product’s label says that it is hypoallergenic, it still might contain something to which you’re allergic.Make sure to read the ingredients before you buy, to avoid waste and misuse.
- Finally, is it really better to moisturize while your face is still wet?
As your skin is primed to receive the maximum benefits. So there you have it, the basics of moisturizing your skin. If you ever find that your face is more irritated than usual, you should consult a doctor.
Facial Products Reviews By Real People
(1)Facial Moisturizer Organic & 100% Natural Best Facial Moisturizer
Review : Amazing on my super sensitive skin due to autoimmune disease.
(2) Glytone Step-Up Rejuvenate Facial Cream
(3) Dr. Denese Firming Facial Age Corrector Cream
Reviews : I have been using this cream for about one year and really notice a difference.I have sensitive skin. This has a lovely smooth feel and most importantly produces positive moisturizing results
Read more :-www.products.skinsecrets.in
Find the Best Spa, Salon,Skincare Clinics and Products only on :- Skinsecrets.in
Scan QR Code and Download The Skin Secrets.in App and Also Get The Best Discount To Each Spa and Salon Across The Ahmedabad.