Best Hair Care Tips For Holi 2018 Festival
Holi 2018 is a festival of colors and happiness. But this vibrant festival can also cause damage to your hair. Here are few hair care tips to make your Holi safe and joyful.
- Oil your hair from the scalp to tip of the hair the night before.. Give your scalp a gentle massage before you sleep and repeat the process in the morning.
- Do not leave your hair open. Tie it into a ponytail or a bun and cover your head with a scarf.
- Protect your hair from getting damaged by wearing a cap or turban. Try to avoid direct contact of colors with the hair.
- If your hair becomes dry, apply oil and sleep overnight. Next day wash it with a mild shampoo. Condition your hair with a rich and deep conditioner and complete your hair wash.
- A mixture of jojoba and rosemary oil can also be applied to make the right base for your hair and prevent the harmful colors from settling down.
How to remove color from hair
- Rinse your hair completely without using shampoo at first. Once the colors are removed, then you can wash them with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- To revitalize your hair further, take yoghurt and mix a few drops of rosemary essential oil in it. Then apply it on the scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
- A coconut based hair oil massage for your hair before you go out to play Holi is an absolute must. Applying coconut based hair oil to your hair acts as a barrier and prevents colors from coming in direct contact with her and will lessen the damage.
- Coconut oil achieves up to 90 percent hair penetration right through to the cortex, thus forming a protective layer around your hair, preventing it from the damaging effects of not only color, but heat and dirt, because the molecules are arranged in a linear fashion and light shined. Therefore, it can pass through the outer cuticle.
- Since coconut oil is very light, a single wash with shampoo will remove the unwanted extra grease, unlike other oils which may require multiple shampooing and thus result in dry hair.
- Wear a hair-band/scarf or a bandana around your head to protect your hair from getting tangled or damaged due to artificial color.
- Besides jaborandi, you can also oil your hair and scalp with olive, coconut or castor oil. Add a few drops of lemon juice to prevent dandruff and infection triggered by the chemical colors.