- Spa Salt Therapy is also known as halotherapy (“halo” is the Greek word for salt), salt therapy involves simply breathing in salty air. You can experience this natural treatment in a spa in a salt-steam room or salt cave, where the steam is infused with salt, and sometimes essential oils.
- Salt therapy is a modern variation of the Eastern European tradition of spending time in natural salt caves for health.In India,Kochi Gets First Salt Therapy Clinic.
How Does Salt Therapy Work ?
- Salt therapy consists of sitting in a room coated with salt crystals and pumped full of salt-laden air. The experience is designed to approximate that in the naturally occurring salt caves in Eastern Europe.
- Unrefined rock salt is primarily sodium chloride, but it also contains other mineral salts in various concentrations including manganese, magnesium, calcium, and sulfates which have long been credited with having therapeutic properties.
- The environment in the salt mines has no airborne pollutants, no humidity, and a stable temperature. All of these elements work together to provide a healing environment for anyone entering these mines.
- With a special machine called a Halogenerator, you are able to reproduce that therapeutic environment and treat those who suffer from respiratory illnesses in addition to lung and skin conditions. A dry salt aerosol, made up of salt particles that are microscopic in size, is circulated in the therapy room where you simply sit and relax .
- Sodium chloride particles bearing a negative electrical charge come into contact with the skin surface and cause electrical stimulation to the skin cells. This stimulation activates electro physiological activity, which increases the production of collagen fibers, which is a key process to skin rejuvenation.
- Additionally,salttherapy rooms produce negative ions, which are absorbed into the body during the treatment, help strengthen the immune system by increasing the production capacity of lymph cells. Since some skin diseases such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis are a direct result of immune system failures, this aspect of strengthening the immune system will help improve the body’s reaction to the ailment.
Different types of salt therapy
- A salt-steam room may be a single facility in a small spa, or part of a thermal suite in a larger spa. A salt-steam room will be heated to a much milder temperature than a sauna, so you won’t need to rush out to cool yourself down after a few minutes. Try to relax and take time to inhale the therapeutic steam.
- Bathing in a salt-water pool is gentler on your skin than bathing in a chlorine-regulated pool, and salt water doesn’t sting your eyes. Salt softens hard water, so even if you are in a hard-water area, the water will feel soft.
- In a salt cave, there will be salt on the floor and walls but this is just for decoration. The salty air is pumped into the room by a dry saline different user, which keeps the room at a constant temperature and humidity. The salt particles are tiny, but small enough to penetrate deep into your lungs.
How to prepare for your Salt Room experience
- Dress in comfortable, casual clothes.
- You may wear a t-shirt and shorts if you are treating a skin condition.
- Personal belongings may be kept in storage area outside salt room.No cell phones or electronics allowed in room.
- Sit comfortably in our relaxing zero gravity chairs and enjoy soft lighting and spa- like music.
- Salt Room treatments last for 45 minutes.(No late entry or early leaving unless an emergency.)
Benefits of salt therapy
- Improve lung function.
- Clear pollens, pollutants, toxins and viral causing agents from lungs and nasal tracts.
- Provide relief from skin conditions such as dermatitis, acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Reduce symptoms of allergies, asthma, and respiratory issues.
- Clean nasal cavities and sinuses.
- Reduce bronchial inflammation.
- Relieve stress and naturally calm you.
- Decrease your likelihood of catching a cold, flu and other illness.
- Enhance sport performance / improve physical endurance.
- Reduce snoring.
Are there any side effects ?
Halotherapy is 100% natural, safe, and drug free, providing effective long-term relief. It can be used as a complementary treatment to prescribed medications or as a sole treatment. When Halotherapy is used as a complementary treatment, it can increase the effectiveness of prescribed medications and decrease the amount prescribed. Halotherapy works exceedingly well for children.
When should salt treatment be avoided?
Treatment should be avoided during the acute phase of any illness, including the following: infections accompanied by fever, acute active tuberculosis, cardiac insufficiency, COPD in the third stage, bleeding, spitting of blood, alcohol or drug intoxication, unstable or uncontrolled hypertension, and acute stages of respiratory diseases.
How long does a Salt Therapy session last ?
Sessions last for 45 minutes. Please arrive 10 minutes before your initial session to complete the necessary paperwork.
Is there an age restriction ?
Salt therapy is available to people of all ages. For the children, we have a room with toys, TV and some reading materials, where kids can play, not realizing they are receiving therapy.
6 Commandments of Salt Therapy
- Provider is on the Approved NHS Practitioner’s list.
- Breeze Tronic Pro medical device is used to generate the appropriate microclimate.
- Pharmaceutical salt is used in the medical device (avoid himalayan or other rock salt).
- Salt concentration in the room is monitored using laser sensors.
- There is an Air exchange system in place.
- Adults and children have dedicated, seperate therapy rooms.
USP of Salt Room Therapy
- Drug free treatment, 100% natural.
- Present in 30 countries and 4+ cities of India.
- It can treat sufferers from the age of 6 months & pregnant women.
- Zero side effects.
Find the Best Spa only on :- Skinsecrets.in