Holi 2018 is a festival of colors and happiness. It is one such festival that brings out the child in us. The vibrant colors and the festive mood is enough to light up the atmosphere and enabling people to enjoy. However, it is very essential to ensure that we have a safe Holi.
People make most of the festival by playing with colors, water guns, water filled balloons, etc. But this vibrant festival can also cause damage to your skin and hair. Here are few Skin care tips to make your Holi safe and joyful.
- Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and olive oil and add to it a teaspoon of castor oil. Apply this mixture all over your skin before playing Holi.
Make sure you apply it on the ears as well and the area behind the ears.
If you wish after moisturizing your skin thoroughly with oil mixture, you can apply sunscreen on your face.
I would recommend you avoid putting any kind of make up while playing Holi with colours.
- Do not scrub the color off with soap. Use a cream-based cleanser or you can even use oil for removing the colours, and then go for a bath. Apply a lot of moisturizing cream to keep the skin hydrated.
- Apply moisturizer generously all over the body.
- Apply a rather thick coat of sunscreen as the sun is usually harsh with a high UV index this time of the year.
- Wear full sleeved tops and pants to cover up as much skin as possible and reduce skin exposure.
- Use vaseline, olive oil, coconut oil, mustard oil on your face and body.
While playing with colors
- Nowadays, organic colors are a welcome trend, so try using natural colors such as henna, turmeric, marigold flowers, tomatoes and tea leaves for a safe and skin-friendly Holi.
- Apply a waterproof sunscreen on your skin to protect it from the sun.
- Keep drinking plenty of water or clear fluids to keep yourself and your skin hydrated.
- Alcohol has a dehydrating effect on the body, so try and moderate your alcohol intake to the minimum.
- Wash off the colors at the slightest hint of an itch to minimize the severity and extent of a rash.
- Never sit in sunlight after playing with colors as it will make difficult to remove as well as harm your skin.
After enjoying the festival of joy and colors
- Brush off all the excess color from your body and hair immediately after playing.
- Remove the nail paint before taking a shower.
- If the colors do not come away easily, apply generous amount of cleansing milk all over the body, wait for 3-5 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Make sure to use a good conditioner on the lower half of the hair length immediately after shampooing.
- After the bath, apply a generous amount of skin healing cream or a soft moisturizer all over the body to help the skin heal.
- Also, use a copious amount of hand cream formula or oil to avoid any roughness on your hands.
- Consult a dermatologist if a rash appears and persists.
- Always clean your face with a cleansing milk or lotion with a cotton wool after playing with colors. Never wash your face with harsh soaps, especially when it is wet, doing so can damage your skin causing further dryness.
- You can also massage your face and body with til oil to remove colors.
- Do not take bath immediately after the play since taking frequent baths and washing your face and hair repeatedly will ruin your skin as well as your scalp. Do it much later after the celebration is over.
- Prepare a paste with milk and turmeric powder. The paste is good for the sensitive skin of the face.
Some Face Pack Which Will Use After Playing Holi
- You need 4 teaspoons of gram flour (Besan), a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder (Haldi), 2 teaspoons of fresh curd and a few drops of lime juice. Make a paste of these ingredients and apply it on the stained areas.
- Let it dry and then rub it in till it starts to peel off and then wash with soap and water. Most of the residual color should come off. You can repeat the process for better results.For better results, add a few drops of rosewater to this pack.
Multani Mitti pack
Soak some Multani Mitti in water overnight to make a paste. Add a few drops of oil, 2 teaspoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of sandalwood (Chandan) powder. Mix everything to make a smooth paste. Apply this to your skin; let it dry and then it off.You can also mix mashed papaya with Multani mitti paste.
Find the Best Spa Salon,Skincare Clinics and Products only on :- Skinsecrets.in